Monday, December 21, 2009

Registries

I have yet to register anywhere. I was debating doing it at all since we do already have a lot of things but I have thought of several things that I could really use for the house and I am sure as I am looking I will come across more things we need. Some necessities are:

-New flatware

-A set of Knives (or maybe I will register for individual knives that will end up making a set?)

-Rubbermaid Tupperware with easy find lids

I could REALLY use those. My Tupperware cabinet is a total wreck (exactly like the one in the commercial)
-I would LOVE to have a kitchen aid mixer but those are really pricey so I won't get my hopes up
- curtains and curtain rod for the dining room ( it is still bare, I don't know if this is too weird of a thing to ask for or not)

-was considering new luggage(at least for me)
-serving dishes

Really overall there isn't a whole lot I would ask for. One of my biggest hopes is for cash that we can hopefully put towards ripping up the carpet and refinishing the hardwood floors underneath. This is a home repair that I REALLY want to do. It is probably my priority. (this is all under the assumption that we do manage to buy the house and get the $8000 tax credit before April.)


Does anyone know if there are things you should and shouldn't ask for? I figured that any sort of home goods qualify. I also feel a little uneasy about putting expensive things on the list. I don't know that there is a whole lot of items I would register for. Also when are you even supposed to do this? Because picking things out at Target or something NOW may not still be around come May when people are purchasing gifts. I guess I need to be reading up on my gift registry etiquette. That or I am reading way too much into it. As of right now I will probably register at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. Any other suggestions? I like Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn and such but those places are kind of expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment