Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wedding Planning

Okay so I haven't even been engaged for a few days and I am already overwhelmed! There is SO much planning involved in a wedding. I guess you don't realize it until you are completely faced with it! So either my blog is going to turn into a wedding planning blog over the next few months or I will make a separate one? HA.
Right now I am faced with the task of finding a venue to hold the ceremony and reception. I have had several suggestions: Cavallier country club (pretty but prob way too expensive), Norfolk botanical gardens (my 1st choice right now I think), resort conference center/ trade winds. I am leaning toward the date of May 22. But obviously that may have to change to accomodate availability at the venue. I would like it to be late May or early June though I know a TON of people get married in June. I really didn't want to have it over the summer because of the heat. SO If I can't get spring then I have to aim for September although then I run into problems with my brother and Alyssa etc. being back at school. So really May or June would be best. But then I've only got 6 months to plan! Ahhh.

We are also planning on making all the dresses: flower girls ( ava and elle, Don's twins) they will be SO cute, maid of honor and bridesmaid dresses ( Ashley B, Alyssa, Bekah, and Ashley S.), as well as my wedding dress. Which will be the biggest challenge. I've found one I LOVE but I don't know how we are going to make it!

So overwhelming! Wish me luck! Though I already have alot of help from my bestie (and maid of honor) Ashley, she got me this AWESOME planning book. And of course my mom, Janet and my grandma will help alot. I am so excited about all of this even if it will be stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment