Thursday, December 10, 2009

Invitations

It is time to start thinking about invitations!

So far my wedding is turning out to be very DIY and I am trying to be budget savvy.

Its logical of course that I am considering making my own invites as well, but I still have alot more researching to do.



I was considering sending out save the dates, but at this point there is only 5 months until the wedding so I feel like it is pointless... the picture above I made at a site called mypunchbowl. Which worked out great until I realized that I don't really have anyone's email. So I gave up on that and decided I didn't need to do save the dates. The site however was really cool and you can change colors of whatever design you pick. It was very easy to navigate.

I did find this site emmylu through younghouselove's blog which includes wedding invitations where you pay for a pdf file and then can print however many you want. You can change colors of the design for a little extra.. I liked this design the best, and it happened to be the Norfolk one! Although the colors are not right.
I also came across this page which has a list of websites you can go to that offer semi-DIY invites like emmylu. There were lots of good ideas on there. Now I LOVE handmade/interesting paper so I would love to incorporate that somehow into the design of my invitations heres some ideas I found on invitesite (which I found through that previous link)





















I think we could easily find some interesting paper at Jerry's to use as the outside layer/ encasing etc. then if we either found/made invites that we could print up ourselves to go inside it could be fairly easy and definately original, and preferably way cheaper than ordering. It is definately something I need to look into very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment