Thursday, December 10, 2009

Name Change

So, talking to Ashley about this has made me decide to post about it.

Okay so I know for many, many years it has pretty much been tradition for the bride to take the grooms last name. I'm sure many years ago this wasn't a big deal, but now I think it is a complete and total hassle.

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to keep my name, I am going to switch to Johnson, but I dread thinking about the headache that this name change will cause.

All the bills are in my name, my credit card, checking account, drivers License, car insurance, student loans, and even things like emails! I am going to have to call and change so many things! I am not sure if I will change my email which is currently bgegan17, because that just seems like too much of a pain. Then the worst thing of all will be the fact that I need to change my signature! Guess I had better start practicing.

1 comment:

  1. It is alot less of a pain than I thought it would be...plus you have time to do it...i still get stuff in my maiden name and if it doesn't matter i leave it. Your email should stay...
    are you gonna be brittany gegan johnson or are you dropping your last name?

    ReplyDelete