Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to wedding planning...

After a slight wedding planning Hiatus over the holidays I am back in full swing!
My Uncle Joe and Aunt Becky can't make it to the wedding and want me to move the date back so they can come to be mid June ( prob June 12?). I just don't know about this though. So many people have already been told. I almost think we are in too deep to change it now. We haven't ordered or booked anything yet, so technically it COULD be done. I still don't know though. I would LOVE for them to be there but sometimes there isn't anything you can do. Opinions?

There are some serious big things that need to get done now! First up is ordering the invitations. Pretty sure we are going with this design from invite site. It is called white breeze. This ended up not being much more expensive for the hassle of not having to make and print it ourselves. We will address the labels ourselves and have them print the invite and RSVP card. This needs to be ordered in the next week or so...





Next thing on the to do list is trying to figure out what is going on with my dress fabric. We ordered it about a month ago and it still hasn't come in! They are supposed to call my mom today and let her know what is going on but I still haven't heard anything.
Zach and I FINALLY settled on a song for our first dance! Hold On by Michael Buble. YAYYYY!!!!
This Saturday we are headed to look at tuxes for Zach and the groomsmen. I hope we can decide on something then. It would be nice to have something else out of the way.
Ashley and I need to continue our bridesmaid shoe hunt. I still haven't found anything.
Next Wednesday (no not tomorrow) my mom and I are going to Norfolk Wholesale Florist to look at flowers and maybe pick out my flowers or at least get more of a grasp on cost and what we need.
Caterers is probably the biggest thing looming over my head right now. I have comprised a list of 8 caterers so far that I need to call about. One is standing out more than the others so far based on what I saw online. Catering Concepts seems to have what I am looking for and even better it is located at Hilltop. So it is super close to where the wedding will be! Does anyone know anything about them? Do you have any suggestions on caterers in Virginia Beach? Zach and I are looking to have a buffet style dinner. We also would like for them to provide the linens and such. I am sure I will have a separate post once I have called and gotten more info on this.
I still have SO much to do! It is overwhelming. I totally understand why so many people hire wedding planners who do all the dirty work like researching all these different caterers, tent rentals and such. They just get to go to the appointments and pick what they like! I am sure I can do it myself, and it will turn out just the way I want but that doesn't mean it is an easy process.
Also on my to do list soon will be finding a DJ, continuing my search for various glass cyllinders, starting to make all the dresses, calling around for tent rental prices, ordering favors, ordering the disposable cameras ( we are going to put one on every table) , registering for gifts, planning the Bachelorette party, the bridal party(though this will be more something for my matron of honor to do), I am sure there are plenty of things I am still leaving out too!
Also if anyone knows of any bartenders we could possibly hire for the wedding let me know.. I am assuming we will need 2 or 3. I think we are going to buy all the alcohol ourselves.
One thing is for sure about this though, it will be a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment