Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm getting married next month!

Last night I feel like I accomplished a TON!

After work I went to the mall with Bekah, Ashley and Jessica. I found myself some boobies as I like to call them. Really I just ended up purchasing a "NuBra Ultalite" Bra. Which is basically a thin fabric adhesive bra. I didn't want something too paded, and all of the inserts I tried were not good. I was planning on just sewing some into my wedding dress but sadly that didn't work. Why can't anything be simple?! Then we thougth to forgo them alltogether but not having any type bra/support/coverage wasn't working either. Hopefully this solution will workout perfect, but I have yet to try it. Fingers crossed because this option at $32 seems like heaven compared to he higher priced options from $56 to $68. Too much for a bra I will rarely wear if you ask me.

I also purchased some very light fake eyelashes to possibly wear at my wedding. Since it seems to be that either I am doing my own makeup, or I will let Bekah do it. (Probably the latter). I am thinking of a more natural appearance. I do not want to look over done. I don't want a super dark night look, but something between a "day" and a "night look. Maybe have a light pink, neutrals and purples color palate? Purple always seems to look good with my skin tone and greenish grey eyes. I need to have some test runs...

After our shopping Bekah and I went to my mom's where she tried on her dress and sadly it still needs another (small) alteration! Bekah's ribcage and shoulders are just so miniscule! She's near impossible to fit! ha. Fingers crossed it will be perfect after this.

My mom and I then ordered some necessities at Save on crafts:


  • the barkwire I showed in my previous blog... you can look at it here


  • floral wire


  • floral tape






  • white tulle


  • floral foam spheres (to attempt to make my pomanders)






  • An arbor/ Arch

This Arbor is different from the Arbor I wanted before. you can see it here. Originally we were going to get one made to look like the one I found before, but figured that may be too much work. Then we opted to either buy the exact one I saw online (which was somewhere around $500), or look for something else. While we were shopping on save on crafts I decided to see if they have Arbors (which of course they did, they have EVERYTHING). Thats when we found this one, which is real wood and involves some assembly but comes with everything you need. Not to mention it was only $150. So we saved a good chunk of money.
In addition to my great finds at save on crafts we also ordered my wedding favors (personalized M&M's). I posted about them a while ago. You can read more about it here. I did not order exactly what I had picked out then, but it is still pretty similar. ie: the words are the same. (Brittany & Zach, May 22, 2010, and Tie the knot). I decided to just stick with words, no pictures. I also opted to go with paler colors. I picked a light blue, a lavendar, and a pearlized white. Hopefully we get them relatively soon so we can start putting the little favors together. We ordered the 10lb. bulk. I am hoping that it's enough, otherwise we will be buying some plain M&M's to mix in with the personalized ones.
Then last but not least we ordered my flowers!( to be expanded upon in another post).
On a complete side note: I think I am going to start tanning today, as well as I have been trying to work on my posture and not slouch so much. It is soooo hard though and almost painful to sit up straight. Sitting at a computer all day doesn't help much either. Hopefully by the wedding my posture will look a little better and I won't be the slouchy bride.





No comments:

Post a Comment