Monday, April 12, 2010

Decorating the Arch

Yesterday my mom and I put together the Arch we ordered! It was pretty easy but it will need some staples and screwholes covered with wood filler as well as another coat or two of white paint. We decided to look for inspiration on how to decorate the arch. Here is what we found.
I love the balls hanging randomly on the last picture.  An added bonus is that we have already gotten foam balls to try and make our own pomanders. I think we have decided to try and use those for the arbor instead of the chairs along the aisle. We will hang them randomly on the arch as well as some bunches of other flowers and fresh cut greenery. I would like to see if we can find some grapevine somewhere as well. Also LOVE the idea of just having some potted plants along the aisle. I think doing that instead of the pomanders will be better especially since we found a better place to use them. I just guess I like things a little more creative and not so much the norm. Plus I think it will go right along with the feel of my wedding since most of the flowers there will be in tighter bunches.


We also saw these which I think are pretty cool, especially if a few hydrangea buds were added.

We also got all the wedding favors put together, but I will do a post devoted to that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment