Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wedding Makeup : Update

I did end up going onto the live chat on MAC 's website. Here is what they suggested with pictures of all the products after.

First off ( I will use my Bare study paint pot first by applying it to my eyelids to help keep the eyeshadow on and keep it from creasing)

Begin by applying Naked Lunch Eyeshadow as a base on your eyes with brush #242. Sweep Sable Eye Shadow through your crease with brush #222, then add Vanilla Eye Shadow to your brow bone using brush # 242. Line your eyes with Teddy Eye Kohl Pencil. Add Coal Black Pro Lash mascara to your lashes. Blush your cheeks using Cubic Blush. Complete this look with Beurre Cremestick, Hug Me Lipstick and Lust Lip Glass. ( Note: I do not want lip gloss so I would ex off the lip gloss).

I mentioned my freckles and she suggested I use Mineralize SPF Foundation/ Loose. " this powder contains minerals for a smooth natural finish and medium buildable coverage. The formula is oil-free and non-acnegenic."

I then asked about fake lashes. She said she always suggests lashes for brides and recommended # 7 Lash, it is slightly spiky and adds subtle volume and enhancement to your lashes (perfect for brides).

She suggested Select Cover-Up which is a liquid concealer for under the eyes, and suggested to use brush #213 to apply it.

So here are the pictures:
                              Bare study paint pot (already own)

Naked Study Eyeshadow

Sable Eye Shadow

Vanilla Eye Shadow

Brush # 222

Brush # 242

Teddy Eye Kohl Pencil
 Pro Lash Mascara Coal Black

Cubic Blush

Beurre Cremestick

Hug Me Lipstick

Lust Lip Glass (won't use)

#7 Lashes

Select Cover-Up

Brush # 213

Now If I actually wanted to purchase all of these things... seeing that the only item I have is the Paint Pot, it would cost me $270.00.  YIKES. Now minus the lip glass and its...$256. Still rediculous. If you get rid of the brushes it takes it down to $182.50. That is still a ton of money. Would I have been better off hiring someone to just do my makeup? What would be the right things to cut out of the purchase? At least with the mascara (I have needed a new thing for a while), eyeliner, eye shadows, and lipstick are all things I could re-use since it is a natural look. I dont own any blush or lip products or foundation since they aren't things I wear regularly or...ever. Would I be better off making an appointment to go in that day, have one of the MAC makeup artists do my makeup and simply spend $50 on some MAC makeup products? What would you do? What do you think of the look? I like the shadows and everything, not sure about the blush. I am just so torn on what I should do for this! I definately want to make sure I look good for the wedding and all the pictures though. However I definately dont have $200 or more to spend on Makeup.

1 comment:

  1. Don't buy anything yet, I have something for you that you will get sat! :)

    ReplyDelete