Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flower Girl Accessories and then some

Sunday my Aunt Jooji and her daughter Gooby came over to help my mom and I with some wedding stuff.
We made the little bird seed pouches. They were actually a little more difficult and messier than the M & M's since the birdseed was so small. I will probably regret this decision when I get a mouthful of birdseed. Oh well, its tradition right!? Here is what the finished product looked like:
After we finished that task we decided to make the twin's head wreath's and decorate their flower girl baskets. I did not measure their heads I just made the wreaths a certain size and we can pin them on their head. I am sure they will not wear them any longer than the ceremony and pictures...
I started off by wrapping the barkwire into a circle about three times around.
It was wire so when I had it wrapped around the way  wanted it I just wrapped the ends around the wire to secure it. It looks kind of like twisted vines, which I like. Now we decided to add some of these little guys, which we picked up at A.C. Moore a while back. Our intentions were to use some in the bridesmaids hair and where ever else we decided. We didn't even make a dent in them...but we snagged each bunch for $.50, so not too big of a deal if we don't use all of them. I am sure we can find homes for them though.
The ends of these were wire so I just used that to wrap around the bark wire. 
At this point it looks like a Roman laurel wreath... so now it is time to add some flowers! We got out our handy glue gun which uses these massive glue sticks!
Then we glued some flowers on in the same style as what we did with the baskets...I'm going to jump to the baskets then I will reveal the finished picture...

For the baskets we decided just to decorate them with flowers based on an idea we saw in a magazine. So we just glued flowers around the lip of the basket.
Gooby had the fun job of plucking all the flowers for us. Having multiple people as an assembly line certainly helps to move things along alot faster.
we ended up adding a few leaves in on the underside beneath the flowers too. Here is our finished product!
It was pretty easy with the exception of a few glue gun burns on our fingers and it didn't take long either. Around three hours for four of us to make 160 pouches of birdseed, the head wreaths and the baskets. We may still add some ribbon to the baskets and the wreaths...but thats super easy.

On another note tomorrow will mark the "One Month Until the Big Day" how crazy is that?!
Don and Liz's house is pretty much done as well. They are moving in this weekend! I havent been there in a few months and can't wait to see how nice it all looks! We are meeting Bill (my tent rental guy) and Joanie (my caterer) at 9am next Wednesday at the house to figure out how exactly we will be laying out the tents and tables and everything. Pretty exciting. Me and my bridesmaids also have our nail appointments set. So the day before the wedding we will be enjoying tasty treats and mimosa's for about four hours while we all get manicures and pedicures. Party at the nail salon!

No comments:

Post a Comment