Friday, February 26, 2010

Invites are out!

The invitations have been mailed! Yesterday to be exact. There are still a handful of people we need to send some to which I am finishing them up after work today. But most local people should probably get their invitations today!


I haven't been updating much, but I guess not too much is going on. I went and picked up some single stem cylinders today at michaels, So I think that I should have enough small ones now. The big fatties are proving hard to come by. I have been to countless thrift stores with no luck. I feel the pressure of time now that there is less than three months until the big day. We may end up needing to order some. Michaels doesn't even have any like what I want.


Ashley B's bridesmaid dress is completely finished. Bekah's.. fingers crossed that it doesn't need any more alterations... has been fixed but we are waiting for her to try it on again. Ashley and Alyssa's need to be started ASAP. Especially after knowing how many adjustments we had to make to Ashley and Bekah's dresses.


My grandma has been working on a mock dress for me to work out any kinks before she starts working with the $33 a yard fabric. I am really starting to worry about how the dress is going to look and hope that my design actually looks good on my body. I kind of feel like cursing myself for not trying on a single wedding dress. What was I thinking!? Usually my ideas turn out good so I am praying this is one of those cases.


On another note, I got Zach's wedding ring!
Pretty crappy cellphone picture but oh well. It is white gold with a satin finish in the middle and polished edges. I spent quite a bit on it so he had better wear it!

I do still need to figure out the whole flower situation. (order the hydrangeas online and go into norfolk florist to order the rest...) That is definately the biggest thing looming over my head, as well as finding a wedding officiant. I still feel a bit like I don't know where to start. Maybe the courthouse? I want a very short and simple ceremony. Not religious. No silly pouring of the sands or unity candles or any of that junk.
Still not sure how the layout of the tent and everything is going to work. Hopefully we can squish everything into Don's yard!
That's pretty much all the new info I have for now.

1 comment: