Thursday, May 6, 2010

Insanity!

That's kind of how I have felt lately...insane. I am exhausted and overwhelmed. Definitely ready for the next 16 days to fly by! I can't wait for the wedding and to have a nice long break from work and enjoy some time with just Zach in the beautiful country of Ireland!
The past few weeks have been so crazy, with preparing for the wedding, moving, and my art show. I must be crazy to take on all those things at once. The art show is set up and done now, and we are 98% moved out of the old house. I still have a ton of organizing to do still, and around one more load to bring over. It is crazy how the wedding is only a little more than 2 weeks away! 


Zach and I got the marriage license yesterday morning, after wasting a good 15 minutes waiting at the wrong clerk's office. We also got a permit for the tent. Good to have that taken care of and not have any crazy neighbors have a way to ruin our wedding! I also tried to get our ABC liquor license but they said I didn't need one since it is at a residence. Hopefully that doesn't come to bite me in the ass later on.


Also we really lucked out with Gooby's dress fabric.We wanted to find a periwinkle silk to match the ribbon/sashes that will be on the bridesmaids. We went to Fabric Hut and low and behold right next to my bridesmaid fabric there is a periwinkle silk that matched the ribbon EXACTLY. I was fully expecting not to find anything. We will make her a sash with the bridesmaid fabric so she will kind of be opposite of the bridesmaids. Kathy's harness and pillow will be made with leftovers from both dresses so she will coordinate too.


We still don't have a final head count but I am thinking it is around 175 right now. Pretty big party! I am praying for beautiful weather because I am a little worried we can't fit everyone under our large 40 x 80 tent. I hope everything will workout and fall into place. I can't spend time stressing over things that are uncontrollable, though it is super hard NOT to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment